As a cornerstone of U.S. home financing, Freddie Mac purchases a variety of fixed-rate mortgages. Our fixed-rate mortgage offerings leverage the power of a fixed interest rate for the life of the loan. Fixed-rate mortgages for single-family homes are used mostly for1- to 4-unit primary residences, condominiums, second homes, manufactured homes, and investment properties.
Today we have the advantages you need for your current fixed-rate mortgage originations. Combine a fixed-rate mortgage with a range of Freddie Mac mortgage products, and cash sales or securities executions, for highly competitive options that meet the needs of an increasingly diverse borrower base.
For super conforming fixed-rate mortgages, see our detailed requirements in Chapter 4603 of the Single/Family Seller/Servicer Guide (Guide).
Fixed-rate mortgages help offer a popular, stable mortgage product line that can be combined with many options to increase your origination volume in any market condition, enhance your competitive options with both cash and securities sale options and effectively manage your retained mortgage holdings with seasoned fixed-rate mortgage sale solutions.
Who are Fixed-Rate mortgages for?
- Borrowers looking for stable payment plans.
- Borrowers looking to build equity quickly or take advantage of lower payments.
- Borrowers looking for a variety of financing options in an effort to purchase a new home.
The information on this page is not part of, and is not a replacement or substitute for, the requirements found in the Freddie Mac Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide and your other Purchase Documents.
- Credit Fees
Credit Fees in Price may apply based on the individual characteristics of the mortgage. See Guide Exhibit 19 for details on applicable fees.
- Down Payment or Closing Costs
- Secondary financing
- Shared equity plans
- Temporary subsidy buydown plans
- Other options based on mortgage product type
- Loan Product Advisor℠
- Non-Loan Product Advisor
- Minimum Indicator Score of 620 unless otherwise specified in the Guide.
- All mortgages must meet the risk class and/or minimum Indicator Score requirements in Guide Exhibit 25A.
- Maximum debt-to-income ratio of 45 percent for manually underwritten mortgages.
- Execution Options
- Servicing-released Cash*
- Servicing-retained Cash
- Fixed-rate Guarantor
- MultiLender Swap
* See our Loan Selling Advisor® availability matrix for a list of specific fixed-rate mortgages eligible for sale through Cash under mandatory contracts servicing released and best efforts contracts with, servicing released or retained.
- Maximum LTV Ratios
- Property Type/Eligible Properties
- 1- to 4-unit primary residences, including condos, PUDs and manufactured homes.
- Second homes
- 1- to 4-unit investment properties
- Transaction Type
- No cash-out refinance
- Cash-out refinance
Growing Your Business
From valuable training and networking events to advanced tools and applications that help you work smarter, Freddie Mac has the resources you need to expand into new markets and grow your revenues.
Training & Events
Find training opportunities, self-study tools and resources to originate Refi Possible refinance offering.
Loan Advisor® uncovers hidden value for your business. Our data and models reveal opportunity at every stage of the lending process.
The same content you depend on, but more streamlined, intuitive and usable, with a modern look, robust search and improved functionality.
Resources for Borrowers
Reaching and educating borrowers – and helping them find the right mortgage – is essential for your business. Freddie Mac provides an array of materials you can share with your clients and business prospects.
CreditSmart® is a suite of educational resources designed to empower consumers with the skills and knowledge to assist them through every stage of their financial capability and homeownership journey.
Take advantage of the information we have gathered here to expand your efforts in reaching homebuyers in today’s changing marketplace.
Whether your borrowers rent, own, or plan to buy, we offer the resources to help make informed decisions and support their success.
The Freddie Mac Home Possible® mortgage offers more options and credit flexibilities than ever before to help your very low-to low-income borrowers attain the dream of owning a home with a down payment as low as 3%.