Steps to Sign Up for Loan Product Advisor TPO Sponsored Access
Third-party originator (TPO) sponsored access means you'll be accessing Freddie Mac Loan Product Advisor® (LPA) through a sponsoring wholesale lender's system. If you'll be accessing LPA directly through our Freddie Mac Loan Advisor® portal or your Loan Origination System (LOS), you'll want to sign up for LPA TPO direct access. Review all of the steps below before beginning the sign-up process to ensure your request is processed quickly and accurately.
All organizations accessing LPA are required to have a customer number issued by Freddie Mac. TPOs will be issued a TPO Number.
- If you do not remember your TPO number, contact the Customer Support Contact Center (800-Freddie). Please have your organization’s Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- If you do not have a TPO number, the organization can register as a new Freddie Mac TPO through this process.
Step 1: Request New Wholesale Sponsored Relationship
Request a new wholesale sponsored relationship by completing the Customer Registration: Sponsored Access form.
Here is a list of information needed to complete the sponsorship process:
- The sponsoring wholesaler’s Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer number
- Your company’s TPO Number, if already registered
- Your company’s Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Your full company name as it appears on the business license
- Primary contact information
- Current merged credit provider(s) – optional
Note: If your organization is not already registered, please select “Enter New Registration” during this process and a TPO number will be issued to the organization.
Once the process is complete, Freddie Mac will send a confirmation email. Afterwards, contact your wholesale lender for instructions on how to submit loans to LPA through their portal access.
Step 2: Ensure You and the Sponsor Lender Have a Relationship with the Same CRC and/or TA
Ensure you and the sponsor lender have a relationship with the same credit reporting company (CRC) and/or technical affiliate (TA). This will allow you to successfully reissue your borrower’s credit reports into LPA. The CRC and/or TA manage the relationships. Contact your CRC and/or TA and provide the following:
- Your TPO account number and confirm your assigned Branch Code with TA (if applicable).
- The wholesale lender’s Seller/Servicer number.
- Inquire if any reissue features must be active.
- If you’re using a TA, LPA will require the user to identify a corresponding CRC. Please ask your TA which CRC to select in order to provide the information with merged credit reports for LPA submissions.
You can review our Top 5 Tips for Using Merged Credit for more information.
Note: LPA assesses only a loan's eligibility for sale to Freddie Mac and does not analyze compliance laws, regulations or ordinances, or any requirements imposed by your regulator. It is possible that a loan that otherwise meets Freddie Mac's purchase eligibility standards may violate a state or local law or regulation. Because of that violation, the loan would be ineligible for sale to Freddie Mac. Please consult your legal counsel and/or a compliance services vendor to ensure that your loans comply with all applicable laws, regulations, etc.
If you have any questions or need any assistance with the sign-up process, please contact the CSCC (800-FREDDIE).