Uniform Appraisal Dataset
UAD Redesign Additional Documentation: Updated Timeline
The Uniform Appraisal Dataset (UAD) and Forms Redesign team has released an updated timeline for the initiative. The overall timeline has not changed; however, we wanted to provide industry with more milestone details to help in the development, testing, and training to prepare for the new UAD and Uniform Residential Appraisal Report (URAR).
New and Updated UAD Redesign Documentation
The Uniform Appraisal Dataset (UAD) and Forms Redesign team has announced updated existing documentation to ensure alignment between the documents and provide further clarification. In addition, the watermark in the Market section has been removed. Updates are identified in the Revision History section of each document.
The team also released additional documentation to support ongoing implementation efforts. These resources supplement the documentation that was released earlier this year to kick off industry development and preparation for the new appraisal dataset and report.
This additional documentation includes:
- Sample Scenario Matrices – added to Appendices D-1, D-2 and D-3
- Usability and Implementation Guidance – supplement to Appendix B-1
- Appendix 4: Detached Garage Examples – added to Appendix F-1
Improving the Quality and Consistency of Appraisal Data
Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae (the GSEs) have worked on the UAD redesign since 2018, leveraging extensive stakeholder input to update the appraisal dataset, align it with current mortgage industry data standards (MISMO® v3.6), and replace the GSE appraisal forms with a single data-driven, flexible, and dynamic appraisal report for any residential property type. To begin the multiyear rollout phase, the GSEs have published the technical specifications and resources located on the Technical Resources tab.
Now Playing: UAD Redesign the Movie
- UAD and Forms Redesign Timeline
- UAD and Forms Redesign Partner Playbook
- Uniform Appraisal Dataset FAQs
- UAD and Forms Redesign Summary Report
- Industry Stakeholder Input Phase 1 Executive Summary
- UAD Redesign Snapshot
- UAD and Forms Redesign Fact Sheet
- UMDP Disclaimer and Limitation on Liability
- Learn more about UAD and UCDP training resources
- UAD Overview
- Uniform Collateral Data Portal Page
- Uniform Mortgage Data Program Page
- GSE Experts Answer UAD Questions
The following UAD resources provide the actionable documentation needed to translate the data entered on the report into the format required for submission via the UCDP.
Uniform Residential Appraisal Report
- Legacy UAD Overview
- Legacy UAD Specification
- Legacy UAD Appendix A: GSE Appraisal Forms Mapping
- Legacy UAD Appendix B: GSE Appraisal Forms Mapping
- Legacy UAD Appendix C: Appraisal Forms with Numbered Fields
- Legacy UAD Appendix D: Field-Specific Standardization Requirements
- Legacy UAD Compliance Rules