Steps to Sign Up for Loan Product Advisor TPO Direct Access
Third-party originator (TPO) direct access means you'll be accessing Freddie Mac Loan Product Advisor® (LPA) directly through our Freddie Mac Loan Advisor® portal or your Loan Origination System (LOS). If you'll be accessing LPA through a sponsoring wholesale lender's system, you'll want to sign up for LPA TPO sponsored access. Review all the steps below before beginning the sign-up process to ensure your request is processed quickly and accurately.
Step 1: Ensure your organization is registered with Freddie Mac
All organizations accessing Loan Product Advisor® (LPASM) are required to have a customer number issued by Freddie Mac. Third-party originators will be issued a TPO Number which is your customer number.
- Organizations with an existing TPO number can skip this step
- If you do not remember your TPO number, contact the Customer Support Contact Center (800-Freddie). Please have your organization’s Employer Identification Number (EIN)
Organizations previously not registered can complete the customer registration form.
Here is a list of information needed to complete the registration process:
- Your company’s Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Your full company name as it appears on the business license
- Primary contact information
- Current merged credit provider(s) – optional
Once your registration is approved, Freddie Mac will send a welcome email which will include the TPO number and detailed instructions with next steps to obtain system-to-system (S2S) and web browser access. Please follow those instructions to obtain access for LPA or see instructions below.
Step 2: Request LPA Access
The TPO number from Step 1 will allow the organization to request S2S and web access. The organization should request both accesses simultaneously to ensure access to all available features of LPA.
- S2S access will access to LPA directly through your loan origination system (LOS).
- LPA can also be accessed through many popular web browsers (web browser access).
Both requests can be completed simultaneously using the Loan Advisor Registration Form. The Loan Advisor Registration Form facilitates access to LPA along with other Loan Advisor tools.
Complete the Loan Advisor Registration Form. Your request will be processed within two business days. For security purposes, your credentials will be delivered in two emails:
- First email: includes your organization's new S2S User ID (and organization name and TPO number for verification) along with the URL for LPA S2S access.
- Second email: includes your organization's S2S password.
Once you've received your S2S credentials, use your software partner-specific instructions to access LPA through your LOS. You can obtain these instructions by contacting your software partner.
Complete the Loan Advisor Registration Form to add web browser access. Your request will be processed within two business days.
You will want to request access for any user who will assign loans to a wholesale lender. Loans may only be assigned using the LPA web interface and cannot be assigned using an LOS. Each user who receives web access will receive two emails:
- First email: includes their User ID.
- Second email: includes their temporary password. They'll need to reset this to a permanent password within 10 days.
Users need to log into LPA at least once every 90 days to avoid account deactivation.
Step 3: Provide the TPO Number to at Least One Credit Provider
All correspondent/mortgage brokers will require an active relationship with at least one credit provider to use LPA. Credit providers can be a credit reporting companies (CRCs) and/or technical affiliates (TAs).
Your organization must contact the CRC and/or TA to inform the credit provider of their intent to use LPA and to provide your TPO number to the CRC and/or TA. Our web site contains a list of participating CRCs and TAs.
Please provide the following information to all of your current CRC and/or TA active relationships:
- Organization TPO number for initial set-up and confirm your assigned Branch Code with TA (if applicable).
- If you’re using a TA, LPA will require the user to identify a corresponding CRC. Please ask your TA which CRC to select to provide the information with your LPA submission to access merged credit reports.
You can review our Top 5 Tips for Using Merged Credit for more information.
Note: LPA assesses only a loan's eligibility for sale to Freddie Mac and does not analyze compliance laws, regulations or ordinances, or any requirements imposed by your regulator. It is possible that a loan that otherwise meets Freddie Mac's purchase eligibility standards may violate a state or local law or regulation. Because of that violation, the loan would be ineligible for sale to Freddie Mac. Please consult your legal counsel and/or a compliance services vendor to ensure that your loans comply with all applicable laws, regulations, etc.
If you have any questions or need any assistance with the sign-up process, please contact the CSCC (800-FREDDIE).