Tribal Leaders Handbook on Homeownership
A resource for navigating the homeownership process on tribal lands
For several generations, homeownership on American Indian reservations has been scarce and limited. The Native American population is rapidly growing and many tribal leaders are challenged with providing families, businesses, and the overall community with solutions to address their rising housing needs. Though these challenges are not new, the strong demand for homeownership in Native American communities are driving renewed efforts to build new communities and remake old ones, so that reservations are able to positively move towards homeownership and help economic development of these areas.
Tribal Leaders Handbook on Homeownership by Patrice H. Kunesh:
- Provides a comprehensive overview of "best practice" case studies.
- Addresses challenges that are faced by the community historically, legally, and socially.
- Helps tribes understand the importance of homeownership in their communities.
- Helps identify the key players involved in the mortgage lending process.
- Prepares borrowers to become successful homebuyers.
Download a copy of The Tribal Leaders Handbook on Homeownership to read more.