UCD Phase 3 Critical Edits Transition Split into Two Subsets
To help you succeed in meeting the Uniform Closing Dataset (UCD) Phase 3 Critical Edits requirements in Loan Closing Advisor®, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae (the GSEs) have divided the Phase 3 edits into two subsets (Phases 3A and 3B).
The division of the Phase 3 critical edits into Phase 3A and Phase 3B subsets will give you additional time to work with your software provider and analyze your data to resolve high-firing Phase 3 edits.
- Phase 3A will transition to critical on May 1, 2023.
- Phase 3B will transition to critical on November 6, 2023.
Note: The Qualified Mortgage Short Reset ARM APR Percent and First Rate Change Months Count data points are still required for all ARMs meeting the definition on and after May 1, 2023.
The transition date for the Phase 4 Critical Edits has been deferred.
To help you meet the Phase 3A May 1, 2023 and Phase 3B November 6, 2023 critical edits transition dates, we are posting new and updated UCD resources:
- UCD April 11 Joint GSE Industry Announcement which includes:
- Joint GSE Updated Critical Edits Transition Dates
- Identifying Edits of Phase 3A or 3B
- Joint GSE UCD Critical Edits Phase 3 Feedback Message Mapping Document – Updated
- Joint GSE UCD Critical Edits Matrix – Updated
- Loan Closing Advisor Critical Edits Phase 3 Training Module - Updated
- Loan Closing Advisor Feedback Message Document – Updated
- Joint GSE Job Aid: Fees
- Joint GSE Job Aid: Escrows
- Joint GSE Job Aid: Qualified Mortgage Short Term Reset ARM APR Percent
- Joint GSE Job Aid: Loan Discount Points and Lender Credits
- Loan Closing Advisor February 22 Release Notes - General additions, removals and updates of messages for UCD Critical Edits Phase 3
- Loan Closing Advisor March 15 Release Notes - General additions, removals and updates of messages for UCD Critical Edits Phase 3
For more information on the UCD critical edits transition, visit the Freddie Mac UCD web page. Please contact your Freddie Mac representative for assistance or submit your questions to [email protected].