Mandatory Fixed-Rate Execution Option
Eligible Mortgage Products
10-, 15-, 20-, and 30- year fully amortizing fixed-rate mortgages.
Refer to Freddie Mac's availability matrix for additional details on eligible products or Section 6101.3 of your Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide for more information on our mandatory fixed-rate contract requirements.
- Contract requirements must be completed by the contract expiration date.
- Loans delivered must meet contract parameters for product, note rate, and UPB, subject to our contract purchase tolerance.
- The purchase tolerance is equal to the greater of 2.5% of the contract amount or $10,000.
- Loan substitution is permitted
- Bulk loan delivery is permitted
Cash Specified Payups
- Mortgage characteristics that are eligible for Cash Specified Payups are available in Loan Selling Advisor.
Learn more about cash-specified pays ups here.
If a mandatory fixed-rate contract will not close on or prior to the contract expiration date, you may extend the contract at any time on or prior to the contract expiration date.
- You may extend the contract in Loan Selling Advisor® as many times as needed, as long as the total extension period does not exceed 30 days from the original contract expiration date.
- You will be assessed a fee for each contract extension.
In the event a mandatory fixed-rate contract will not be fulfilled, Freddie Mac allows you to do one of the following:
- Pair off all or part of a current contract, or
- Pair off and recommit by transferring non-funded loans to a new contract.
- View settlement statements in real time via Loan Selling Advisor.
- Request a specific settlement date for each mortgage sold, or settlement will occur as soon as the requirements for sale have been met.