Area Median Income and Property Eligibility Tool
Use this tool to verify if a borrower falls below any required Area Median Income (AMI) thresholds based on the property location and the borrower’s qualifying income. For best results, enter the complete property street address.
How to Read Your Results
Enter a street address to obtain the most accurate results. A pop-up window will appear with the following information:
- FIPS Code – Uniquely identifies the census tract.
- Borrowers whose qualifying income is less than or equal to 50% of county area median income may qualify for a Very Low Income Loan. Borrowers whose qualifying income is greater than 50% and is less than or equal to 80% of county area median income may qualify for a Low Income Loan.
- Rural Tracts based on FHFA’s definition of a “rural area” as part of their Duty to Serve regulation. FHFA further designates as subset of these rural areas as “high needs”, identified here as High Needs Rural Tracts. For more, visit: www.fhfa.gov/DataTools/Downloads/Pages/Duty-to-Serve-Eligibility-Data.aspx.
- High Cost Areas based on the counties FHFA designated as such for the purpose of adjusting the conforming loan limits above the baseline. For more, see: www.fhfa.gov/Media/PublicAffairs/Pages/FHFA-Announces-Conforming-Loan-Limits-for-2022.aspx.
- For a listing of down payment resources available to consumers visit: https://downpaymentresource.com.
Qualification Disclaimer – This tool is intended to help provide guidance as to qualifications for certain terms and programs that contain Area Median Income-based requirements. Final eligibility is determined within Loan Product Advisor® or via approved manual underwriting.
In the sample scenario, the user entered "8250 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, VA 22102" in the search field which produced the following result: